Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to a site aimed at moving Utah into a leadership position on the snow industry scene!

With consumers "deleveraging", future winter visitations are likely to be adversely affected, as mountain resorts may compete for a shrinking number of destination visitors. Offering a significant competitive advantage will become crucial to grow, yet alone maintain, our current volume of activities.

"Linking our seven Wasatch Front resorts will vault them to the zenith of the North American snow industry"

In this context, linking our seven Wasatch Front resorts c0uld vault them at the zenith of the North American snow industry with a unique product and no competition on the entire continent. A 40 years ski industry veteran, I offer my experience, observations and thoughts to make the dream of interconnected resorts a reality; I just want to be the grain of sand inside the oyster...

Born and raised in the Alps, I witnessed and participated in the early development of interconnected mountain resorts in the 70’s. After moving to America in 1977, I've made Utah my home for the last 24 years. Besides my time, energy and thought-process, I bring a sound knowledge and clear understanding of a large number of Alpine resorts.

I've also been fortunate to be exposed to every facets of the snow industry; from "lifty" to ski instructor, racing director, hardgoods supplier, lodging as well as tour and travel provider. Just before retiring I've had some extensive experience at some of the main Colorado mountain resorts and have gained a good understanding of the way various ski towns can interact together.

Finally, my entire career spent in sales and marketing has always forced me to see issues from within the “consumer shoes” and prompted me to ask the necessary questions instead of just bringing up assumptions. I am now retired and continue to be consumed with a deep passion for skiing...

Jean-François "JF" Lanvers, Park City


No comments:

Post a Comment